Friday 19 October 2012

MBBF Mailbag Bulging

An ill-advised mistake followed by an unreserved apology might have been the end of it, but it gets us heavy site traffic so we whipped it up into a frenzy and your mailbag suggests you are up for a bit of holier-than-thou ranting too! Here's the pick of last month's mailbag!

That whole do at the Marston Moor Entertainment Contest was disgusting. I wasn't there, so I don't really know, but, thanks to the way the Bandstand has reported it, I have a fair idea that whatever it was is, or was, disgusting!

Mavis Cumbucket
Ontry-St-Marys
 
I don't wish to influence the forthcoming MBBF meeting because they will make their own minds up, however, they will probably read all this stuff too in order to guage our reactions. So I say they should both be banned, possibly for life! Or maybe a long time....
Cecil Cripps
Darley Dale
 
What Messrs Mason and Maudsley seem to have failed to understand, quite blatantly because they are obviously of lower intelligence than us, is that there are so many of us prepared to jump on this particular bandwagon that they will be hounded to the corners of the earth.
The Bishop of Lydgate
 
I wasn't there so don't want to comment. However, I have heard all sorts of rumours and feel it my duty as a proper, politically-correct member of the brass band movement to express my absolute disgust at what these people, Maudsley and Mason, have done.
Marjorie Nose-Poker-Inner
Bumsex-on-Sea
 
Perhaps Messrs Maudsley and Mason should remember that in the times when brass bands launched old-fashioned programmes involving march, overture, cornet solo, etc. it was also at a time when the slave trade was prevolent (I know 'cos I just wiki-googled it!). Perhaps Maudsley and Mason could explain that to the descendents of those slaves! Frankly I doubt it because they are obviously of lower intelligence than me!
Marlon Strasbourg
Heyrod
 
I wasn't there so I don't want to comment, but I will do anyway. In fact, someone else who wasn't there told me that he'd heard that Mason Maudsley walked out of the hall and straight past a guy in a wheelchair. That's right! Straight past him! Apparently he never even stopped to ask if the guy was okay living with his disability or if he wanted his chin wiping or if he wanted wheeling somewhere. That sort of ignorance has no place in the banding movement.
 Letitia Crayon
Middle Whinging