Monday 27 August 2012

Watkins To Make a Pudding of Himself!


Malcolm, can we sort this photo out? Which one is Remmy Watkins? I think it might be the guy holding the trumpet, seeing as how he's a trumpet player and all that. But it could also be the bloke at the front if he's giving that fat one a lesson or something. Have either of us ever met him? - Ed.

Legendary trumpet soloist, technician, clinician and bullshitter Remmy Watkins has taken the conductor's job at the Bromsgrove Black Puddings Band.

Watkins told the Bandstand, "I am very excited at this appointment. The age of the players at my disposal ranges from 12 to 67, enabling me to spin you some bullshit about having a youthful team that is also balanced with maturity and experience".

"We also have a diverse range of accountants, solicitors and people who work in call centres. Plus the younger ones who want to go to music college and become teachers. It's safe to say I will have to try and align all their personal expectations up with my own before our full-fronted blitzkrieg at the second section of the Bryan Adams (Everything I Do I Do It For You) March Contest next month.