Monday 25 June 2012

Luke Waters Does Nothing


Luke Waters, the internationally renowned cornet player who was recently sacked from the Todhills & Tebay Band, has informed the Bandstand that he has done nothing this week.

Waters said, "Like many in brass banding now I have a desire to tell everybody about what I am doing, every minute of every day".

"Sadly, this week, I have been doing nothing. Well, I went shopping on Tuesday and got some milk, some boil in the bag curries and stuff. But not a lot more".

He added, "I am just waiting for the right offer. I'm at a time in my life, at the age of 19, where I have seen it all and done it all. I can take my foot off the gas now and sit back and wait for the right opportunity".

"I'd love to give something back to the movement. To help some of those youth bands I grew up in. However, a lot of bands are desperate for cornet players at the right contests and, if I choose my time wisely, I might cop £10,000 a year off of someone no sweat".


"I'm ready for the right move. I don't want to get stuck with training bands or teaching kids and all that shit (unless it pays well). What I really want is just a top man job with a good lump of money. I'm sure the right offer will come along eventually!"

It should be a cracking contest!