Saturday 7 July 2012

Beige Jigsaw Mayhem

Gary Beige, the boring euphonium laiker with some band in Wales, has announced that he is doing a jigsaw. Beige told the Bandstand, "In between being a top euphonium player (not my words, the words of the Jakarta Bandsman after my successful solo tour of Indonesia), it is difficult to find time to relax. Yes, I have a young, starry-eyed student lass hanging off my arm but when you're caught up in the high-octane, push-it-to-the-limit world of euphonium recitals every other week, even sex gets boring".

"To be honest I've turned to jigsaws. I'm so burnt out after pushing euphonium playing beyond the glass envelope that I need a real come down. To date I'm working on a 3,000 piece jigsaw of Withernsea Lighthouse. If any Bandstand readers can give me advice on how to get all the bits of sky in that would help. The only trouble is, you see, they're all sky blue and different shapes. Some have a bit of cloud on but it's confusing".

"However, if I focus like I do on stage as the finest young euphonium player the world has seen since nobody else, I'm sure I can get a couple of corners done and then try to get the ice cream van finished".