Tuesday 20 November 2012

Bonchance Launches New Website!


Elderby Bonchance has told the Bandstand of his imminent excitement at the imminent launch of his new website! The young composer revealed how he took the important step of creating his own website as the next logical step in getting his music heard by as many people as possible.

Elderby said, "It seems like only a couple of terms ago I enrolled on that Brass Band Composition course at Pondsford Technical College. All sorts of ideas started swimming around in my head. Then my parents bought me a new laptop with Sibelius installed. I quickly realised that I was now a fully-fledged brass band composer. The sudden weight of uncertainty resting upon my young shoulders, following in such deep and heavy footsteps, was almost too much to bear, but not quite, I think I'm alright!"

His first composition, Lorenzo With a Bass Beat, was chosen as the set work at the Scandinavian Division Three Championship Title Challenge at the Ulrika Jonnsen Hall, Trondheim last year. He has since become notorious for taking well-known banding melodies that are part of our heritage and rearranging them with a rock beat on top.

His upcoming work is Contest Music Hip Hop, in which he will rip off established brass band writing and add a new "flava" on top.

Elderby said, "I seem to have become stereotyped as someone who doesn't really know what they are doing with Sibelius and chucks old and new together in a cheap charade! Nothing could be further from the truth. My goal is to take brass banding's established roots and challenge it to the core by introducing new rythms and shit over the top of it".

"As Pteredactyl said to Quarterback in Ruben Simsky's 'The Diversion', 'Only when you mix young and old together will you truly be young, and old'"

The new website (bonchance-music.com) will be up and running as soon as his parents pay the bill.