Saturday 24 November 2012

Freckles To Bring Titian To Life!


12 year old composing sensation Jonny Freckles has announced that he is to bring famous artist Titian back to life!

Freckles, who was abused by his father as a child and now has glaucoma what means that he has to wear amber vision glasses all the time, told the Bandstand, "One day at school a bully took my dinner money and hit me repeatedly in the face because, in his words, I didn't know who Titian was! It was that kind of school, I suppose!"

"I went home in tears with low self-esteem and a sudden penchant to self-harm. Then I thought I could Google Titian on my mum and dad's computer and up my knowledge".

"What I saw before me on Google Images was simply staggering. I saw his portrait of Doge Andrea Gritti and was spellbound. The detail, the brushwork, it was immense. Then Google told me it had taken him from 1546 to 1548 to paint it. Lazy Italians!"

"What I wanted to do, almost immediately, was to bring that painting to life through a brass band score, but hopefully nothing like the three years it took him to paint it. And so I composed the test piece Titian Whispers"

"It's a three movement piece that ticks all the boxes of being selected for a lower section Area contest, mainly because it has three movements. The first movement is entitled Search For Paintbrushes, and it encapsulates Titian's search for the perfect paintbrushes to paint his painting. The middle movement is a slow one called Blank Canvas, reflecting Titian looking at it and not really knowing what to do."

"The third movement is called Here's the Picture cos it has taken him three years but he's been on a life journey and has finally arrived within himself and, crucially, finished the picture!"