Thursday 22 November 2012

More of Your Registry Letters!

Yes indeed, the Bandstand mailbag is positively busting with letters about the Registry debate and, to be honest, whilst they bore us to death, we can see great potential in creating more site traffic adding hopefully to additional advertising revenue. So here is the latest pick of the bunch:-

"Your correspondent Mr. Garstang of Oswestry clearly feels the need to share his ill-informed opinions with the rest of us! He really does make himself look like a proper working-class oaf. He even spelt Registry wrong! Need I say more?"
John Pompous
Rigoletto

"I had only just got over the Maudsley Mason / Mason Maudsley affair which, let's face it, was a beautifully played out, almost brass banding version of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 'Cos I'm Old Fashioned sort of bonanza for tired looking websites to attract more interest. Then comes along the great Registry debate. I have no solutions, but what I am prepared to say is that whatever anyone else has been saying on here it is a load of hot air!"
Claude Patronus
Whitstable

"As secretary of a non-contesting band I have no interest whatsoever in the Registry debate. However, what really fucks me off is some of the other non-contesting bands who think nothing of bringing in players who are registered with other bands to help them fulfil an engagement in a public park. It is a frankly shoddy practice and should be stopped. Maybe we should introduce registration for park jobs?! Just a thought".
Mavis Justgoe
Secretary, Cheesegate Nab Band

"Oh, how I would like to be in the shoes of your correpondent Morgan Climbers! He suggests a United Kingdom-wide Registry. May I remind him that Scotland already has a fully-functioning Registry that works perfectly well. Leave us alone while we laugh at the shit England and Wales has got itself into!"
Hector McGoogan
The Give Us Our Freedom Brass Ensemble

"Michael Montsaviour is wrong. The Independent Brass Band Registry of Cornwall was formed in 1884 and not in 1885, as he claimed."
Arty Loach
St Winifreds

"Arty Loach is wrong! The Independent Brass Band Registry of Cornwall was formed in the winter of 1883. I should know, it was my father what created it!"
Carlos Lefevre
Bignoldswade