Saturday 8 December 2012

More of your Registry letters!

Nobody cares, nobody understands, and still nobody cares. Yet still a few holier-than-thou brass band nose-poker-inners are filling our mailbag about the registry.

"These people fighting over the Registry are doing it simply to make money. Whatever happens it will cost brass bands more money. Money we can ill-afford".
Edna Tallhammer
Contest Secretary - Tollypuddle Martyrs Band

"Hubert Crisp is quite wrong in his assumption about the Registry. What he should of worked out, if he had sat down and given himself the time and stuff, is that I am far more self-righteous and pompous and much better at Googling stuff than what he is!"
Jim Boring-Pompous
The Falling Band

"What this banding registry issue needs is someone to come forth with a proper proposal that will get the support of everybody. I sit at home all day, like most of the people in brass banding, doing nothing about it. However, if someone came forth with a bandwagon that we could quickly jump upon in a lazy and ill-thought out way, then I for one would be there. But where are they? Does nobody care?!"
Jane Tenterhooks
Mildly Fairweather Band

"I agree with Jane Tenterhooks (above). I have vented my spleen for several weeks on this issue and told brass banding exactly what it needs to do. Yet still nobody steps forward to actually do it. Unbelievable!"
Jim Boring-Pompous
The Falling Band

"Surely in this modern age what we live in we could have biometric swipe cards to quickly get through registration? It only needs someone to invest in the technology to set it all up then pass none of those costs onto the bands, 'cos we expect contests to be provided for fuck all. Surely that is the solution!"
Lammy Legrove
Fentons Orthopaedic Slippers Band

"I don't really care. I don't even understand. If I did I wouldn't be bothered".
Most People