Wednesday 26 December 2012

Radio: Let's Talk About Me, etc.


Major General Fred Stanton says Bah Humbug to turkey and mistletoe and painful encounters with members of the family that you don't really like, as he looks to wash our Christmas memories away with his radio show "Let's Talk About Me But Also Listen To Some Brass Band Music Along The Way" upon Radio London at 9.30pm this Friday.

Stanton told the Bandstand, "Our family is having a super Christmas at our holiday home on the shore of Lake Garda, what is in a very glamorous part of Italy. My son is here along with my extremely attractive daughter-in-law-to-be. The Christmas crackers, what me and the wife bought from Harrods in October, was exceptional. One of them had a diamond in! But that is Christmas on Lake Garda! We will spend a few more days on Lake Garda but thankfully I have pre-recorded this Friday's radio show. I must put the phone down now since my daughter-in-law-to-be is skinny dipping in the lake and my wife and son are holed-up in the very expansive holiday home we own on Lake Garda discussing the pain that was caused to both of them whilst I was off overseas on service with various military bands. I may now swim out and try to finger her".

What Stanton also told us was also that this Friday's show will also comprise of:-

March: We Fired a Shell At Them and Now They Are Dead [Taunton Snow Shovels Band]
Overture: Gilles du Compt d'Agincourt [The Band of the Leicester Lifeguards]
Tinkerin' Tombells [Clutterspinge Colliery Band]
Dry Penetration [St. Herbert-on-Sea Padstow Spinakers Band - soloist Norbert von Creme]
The Legend of Arngeir the Viking [Brass Band Hauksbok Bjorngolf]
Cornet Cumfluffance [Hovis Bread Band]
Hold My Hand, You Slag [Jewcock Village Band: Soloist Tracey Titterluster]
Barnsley Apocalypse [Cudworth Engineering Band]