Friday 20 July 2012

Beige Lead Mine Mayhem

Gary Beige, the yawnably lamentable king of boredom euphonium laiker with a fit little student girlfriend, has told The Bandstand of his visit to a Scottish lead mining museum.

Beige said, "I've had such a hectic schedule lately, what with being one of the finest euphonium players ever to walk the earth, together with a 5-hour round trip to band rehearsals with my new(ish) band in Wales, I needed a chill out".

"I found it at the Scottish Museum of Lead Mining in Wanlockhead, Scotland. At 1,531 feet above sea level it is the highest village in Scotland, almost as high as I am after I walk off stage after yet another phenominal performance on euphonium".

"The tour of the mine was awesome, it was so dark and wet I was a bit scared. I couldn't believe that people actually used to work down mines. It's awful. Then I remembered that some of my best friends play with colliery bands and must suffer this every day".

"I now think that my mates who play with colliery bands have the hardest job in the world. I mean, how do you practice, down there in the pit? It just wouldn't be the accoustic that I'm used to whilst I'm performing in the finest concert halls in the land".

"It's safe to say I love colliery bands now, I think someone should make a film about it, possibly involving me".